The Joint Education (JointEDU) Platform is proposing to create an educational center where anyone from anywhere in the world can learn. The main purpose of the project is to eliminate limitations, boundaries and encourage anyone to learn through their online learning system. Blockchain technologies will be used to simplify tuition fee transactions and increase the transaction security reliability.
You can see a presentation of JOI here:
The Joint Education (or JointEDU Platform) is based in Thailand and at its core it is an education system that focuses on Home Schooling and SAT lessons. The project is currently live and working for the past 3 years (the team has been in the education industry for 5+ years), with 450+ clients already having studied via the JointEDU platform. The purpose of the current JointEDU is to help anyone from anywhere to study while reducing their paid tuition fees. The focus of JointEDU is to deliver international courses with experienced teachers, and add more collaboration protocols with universities.
The next step, and the main reason for launching the JointEDU ICO, is to develop the platform and expand it furthermore:
- adding their own video call teaching platform based on a fast and simple connection.
- developing an iOS and Android apps for quicker access to the JointEDU platform.
- improving the web platform to add new features such as study schedules for students, qualifications for the teacher and virtual exam simulator for specific type of tests.
- using blockchain technology to offer cheaper and more secure fee transactions.
Some use cases for the JointEDU educational platform:
- Self studying (or group study)
- Studying online
- Studying via video conferencing
- Offering valid certificates
- Class promotion services for tutors around the world
- Ads services
- Educational social network
JointEDU Token and ICO Details
What is the JointEDU project
The vision for the JointEDU Platform is to take it from its current level (it is a live & working product) and transform it into a worldwide educational center. The platform will allow anyone the opportunity to study any subject online.
The current educational system has lots of flaws, which JointEDU plans to overcome by using experienced educational personnel, worldwide availability, blockchain technology and more.
Once the JointEDU ICO is successfully finalized, the platform development will begin. The new educational platform is planned to be launched in March 2019. The team behind JointEDU estimates that they might have anywhere between 50,000 and 100,000 customers to use their platform, with profits as high as $500,000+ monthly.
To reward investors, anyone holding 1,000 JOI tokens or more will get a share from the monthly profits.
Key facts about the JointEDU ICO
How to contribute to the JointEDU ICO:
- The easiest way to contribute for the JointEDU ICO sale is to pay directly with ETH. For details on how to participate in the JointEDU ICO visit their site: Buy JointEDU Tokens
- If you don’t already own ETH, you can buy those via one of the many available exchanges (i.e. Coinbase). You’ll need an ERC20 ETH wallet to be able to buy JOI tokens with ETH. MyEtherWallet is the perfect choice to get a wallet (if you don’t have it already) – just be sure not to use the ETH wallet of your exchange.
- Decide how much JOI tokens you want to purchase (there is no minimum purchase, but discounts are higher if your investment is too) and transfer the amount of ETH you want to invest to their ETH address: 0xD2652B91649284Ea094Bf1d9f51501fFa96baC5c
- Once your transfer is processed, it’s also recommended to send them an email with details of your transaction. Your tokens will be sent no later than 48 hours after the payment is confirmed. To display your custom JOI tokens just go into MEW and add a new one using Token Contract Address 0xD2652B91649284Ea094Bf1d9f51501fFa96baC5c and Token Symbol: JOI
The most important rule is NOT to transfer ETH directly from your exchange wallet. They won’t know where to send back the tokens if you do that, just be sure to use your MEW wallet address.
JointEDU ICO Details:
- Pre-sale Start Date: March 1st, 2018
- Pre-sale End Date: April 15th, 2018
- Main ICO Sale Start Date: April 16th, 2018
- Main ICO Sale End Date: May 31st, 2018
- Hardcap: 18,900 ETH (around $12,000,000 based on current ETH price)
- Softcap: 3,000 ETH (around $2,000,000 based on current ETH price)
- Supported payment methods: They accept payment via ETH only. Do not transfer money from an exchange address, use a wallet address!
- Discounts: Discount during the pre-sale varies depending on the amount of tokens purchased. The minimum discount is 20%, going as high as 60%.
- Price: 10,000 JOI = 1 ETH (this gets to around $0.06 per JOI token with current ETH price). With the current pre-sale minimum discount of 20%, you get 12,000 JOI tokens for 1 ETH.
- Maximum amount of tokens to be available: 270,000,000 JOI tokens will be available in total.
- Minimum Contribution: no minimum contribution
- Contract address: 0x58ded6994124b4fff298f1416aca3fc9cdba37b2
Pricing varies depending on how much you invest in purchasing tokens. This pricing structure is available only during the pre-sale:
|Discount %||ETH investment amount||JOI price per 1 ETH|
|20%||0 – 0.99 ETH||12,000 JOI per 1 ETH|
|50%||1 – 2.99 ETH||15,000 JOI per 1 ETH|
|55%||3 – 4.99 ETH||15,500 JOI per 1 ETH|
|60%||5+ ETH||16,000 JOI per 1 ETH|
- 18.5% of the tokens (50 million) will be sold during pre-sale
- 51.5% of the tokens (139 million) will be sold during the main ICO
- 30% of the tokens (81 million) will be reserved
The reserved funds will be used as follows:
- 40% will be used for Project Development
- 25% will be used for Administration purposes
- 15% will be used for Marketing activities
- 20% will be used for future project extension such as Cryptocurrency investment, mutual fund, stock market with dividends, travel and tourism business and educational charities
More details about JointEDU are in its whitepaper:
The team behind the JointEDU project is mainly based in Thailand and the majority of those have IT background. In total there are 6 partners currently involved in the project and external advisers. Here’s an overview of the main partners:
- Jirapat Temrat – CO-CEO – Background in IT, 10+ years of experience
- Khajorndej Tantayotai – CO-CEO – Background in business & marketing
- Poramin Limpaporn – CO-CEO – Background in marketing
- Rattaphon Temrat – Finance Advisor & Account manager – 5+ years in finance
- Chirayut Temrat – Network & Technlology Advisor – 10+ years of experience in this field
- Xumei Yun – Tax & Accounting Advisor – 20+ years of experience
Here’s the key elements from the JointEDU Roadmap:
- December 2017: Design Concept for the JointEDU project
- January 2018: Tech preparation for the project
- March 1, 2018 to April 15, 2018: Pre-sale for JOI tokens
- April 16, 2018 to May 31, 2018: Main crowdsale for JOI tokens
- May 2018: Listing the JOI tokens on exchanges
- June 2018: Developing a local edu system
- October 2018: Expanding the local system into an worldwide system
- March 2019: Public launch of the JointEDU Platform
JointEDU ICO rating from various ICO review sites:
- ICOBench: 2.5
- ICOMarks: 2.5
- Rollet.ORG: 2.5
These ratings are still pending as the project was just launched. Have you invested in the JointEDU ICO or are planning to? Share your thoughts with the community on the PROs & CONs of the project as you see it.