UPDATE 2: And in 4 days they have reached 100% of the estimated goal for the first ICO phase. Starting now, the bonus drops to 15% (from 25%). Glad I got mine at 98%.
UPDATE: Within 3 days of launching the FLIP token sale, they’ve already raised 35% of the proposed goal! The FLIP token sale is off to a great start and still on a 25% bonus level or the next week. Also, they’ve announced that you can now buy FLIP using Bitcoin (BTC) as well, not only Ethereum.
The gaming industry is one big Kahuna in terms of $ spent (90 billion/year), thus the first token that will be able to enter that market is in for a high rise. GameFlip tries to do just that with their newly launched FLIP ICO. The FLIP coin is launched with the idea to redefine the gaming landscape by enabling gamers to buy, sell and trade their hard-earned digital goods for real value in a liquid marketplace. Right now for popular games there are isolated trading communities, and FLIP tries to merge all those into a single umbrella.
FLIP can be purchased using Ethereum, with a minimum purchase amount of just 0.1 ETH (around ~$50 at current prices). The ICO was just launched on December 4th, 2017, following a successful pre-sale where 112% of the target was achieved.
Currently there’s an early-bird bonus structure for buying FLIP, with the highest discount lasting until December 18th. The bonus structure is as follows:
Details regarding the FLIP ICO sale:
- Start ICO Date: 4th of December, 2017 at 19:00 UTC
- End ICO Date: 29th of January, 2018 at 19:00 UTC
- Currency accepted: ETH, BTC
- Minimum purchase amount: 0.1 ETH or 0.1 BTC
- Maximum purchase amount: No limit
- Soft cap for the main sale: 15 000 ETH
- Hard cap for the sale: 30 000 ETH
- Total supply: 100,000,000 FLIP
The main sale will end either at the announced end date, or when the hard cap is reached. Any unsold tokens will be burned. The total supply for FLIP tokens during the ICO is 43.2 million FLIP.
FLIP sounds like a good investment for several reasons:
- it is backed by an existing and solid product, GameFlip.com – FLIP will be used as a currency on the site within 3 months after the ICO ends
- the team behind it already had a successful exit with a gaming company ($100 million)
- it is backed by the founders of Electronic Arts, GREE, and BigPoint
- they already raised $10 million from Silicon Valley VCs
- 112% of the pre-sale goal was reached
- they raised about 35% of the proposed goal so far, with 3 more weeks left.
Here’s a presentation of FLIP and what they are trying to achieve.
You can read more about the FLIP ICO on their main site: FLIP Token Sale